Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wed. Jan. 16 Workout(s)

Morning:
P90X Shoulders & Arms

Afternoon:
Walk (it's COLD in NC today, hard to get my butt out the door!)

Back to the glamour routine. Not that I took it that way this time... nope. Looking back on my red-band using, low-rep first attempt last week, I shrugged it off and went for the green bands for the basic movements/biceps moves, and made my curls bigger in the red back for the others.

DEFINITELY felt it much more this time around, the burn was good, got some serious near-failure in many moves, and am noticing a reduction in size of my spare tire. Definitely from Hummer to Honda. (Civic, not Tundra!) When I do those hugger moves to keep my arms flexible I'm hitting my sides and feeling tight muscle this week, no FAT. Yessss... something is indeed happening. And it feels great.

I hit the Ab Ripper with new intensity as well, though I have to say it's pretty nasty just after finishing an hour workout. Had to pause four times to steady myself and finish the reps, but all 25 were hit with breaks. That's the way to go -- forget the rest, doin' my best.

It's killer-cold down here -- well, for a northerner who's gotten used to mild central NC weather pretty much year round. Already thinking ahead about mittens and something to cover my mouth for my lunchtime jaunt...

No comments: