Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tue. Jan. 15 Workout(s)

Morning:
P90X Plyometrics

Lunchtime:
40 Minute Walk (after lunch at Will's school!)

Today was, well... awesome.

Plyometrics = Jump Training, version 2.0, second try. And for the entire hour I felt my eyes leaving the screen to focus on my own body, movements, reps, balance, etc. Nice, nice, nice. The moves were coming back to me from my first try last week, so I was able to add more reps, more movement, push myself to 88-92% of my target higher heart rate, and overall, made an amazing workout for the day.

By far this is the X workout that makes me SWEAT the most. Huge and lovely drops. I mean, heck, we stretch, and before we hit move #1 the test group guy in the back who's the most insane/flexible/jumping ALL over the darn room for an hour/a NUTCASE, actually wipes sweat off his brow. Sweating. After STRETCHING.

Yup, this IS the routine that puts the X in P90X. It's no wonder Tony suggests to those with issues/problems getting through it to skip it and use in the Cardio X routine instead. That puppy isn't as intense.

But not me.

I brought the X today and lifted the bar a whole nother notch. And Mr. Horton's breakfast afterward? A protein shake with some fruit in it. BLAM, down the hatch, feeding my mini-cracklin' muscles within minutes of the finishing stretches, and ZOOM, my head is clear, my muscles happy, my stomach just full enough to make it happy and not at all sad or unfulfilled, and Will wakes up a few minutes later.

By the way -- my favorite thing to do just after these workouts? Turning my TV over to Discovery HD Theater and watching the first few minutes of Sunrise Earth.

My personal favs are anything that doesn't have screeching fracking birds or animals in it :) or anything where the cameraguy/gal finds angles that totally make use of the depth of field that high definition can offer.

Yesterday we got to see Puffins on a cliffside, half the screen were these gorgeous birds enjoying their little roost, and the other half was fuzzy water a few THOUSAND feet below with tiny white caps moving from side to side.

I love the vertigo and depth of field that only good, well-shot HD programming can provide. And I generally keep my body moving while watching, NOT sitting down, slowly, for the first 5-10 minutes to keep my muscles from tensing up... nice.

See you tomorrow, kids! "And they are kids, they're younger than me." Right Tony? ;)

No comments: