Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tue. Jan. 8 Workout(s)

Morning:
P90X Plyometrics (See below for calories burned)

Lunchtime:
40 minute walk

"Explosive jumping cardio routine (listen to Tony) proven to dramatically improve athletic performance." When Mr. "No One Outreps Me" Horton says in the opening seconds that this 55 minute-ish workout puts the X in P90X -- the extreme -- he isn't kidding.

All new moves, tons of jumping, squatting, leaping, turning, reaching, sweating... swearing. Yup, swearing.

Like the man says, "you can do anything f0r 30 seconds!" Sure I can. And when my legs buckle or my thighs quiver with 10 seconds to go and I can't move anymore... that's bringing it to the max, applying the X, sealing the deal. And then swearing. Just a little. Under my breath, while I recover from failing in those last few seconds. Darn it.

Next time, all 30 are MINE.

I knew this routine was going to be pretty insane, so I was careful to start my Mio, take lots of heart measurements along the way, and watch the calorie burning add up. After the full 5 minute cool down -- yea, we needed all 5 minutes friends -- my crazy cool and helpful watch read 890 calories burned. Freakin' insane.

Cool moment -- with I think 20 mins to go or so Tony takes a heart reading. He's in the low 150's, and I'm only 4 points behind. He's 43, I'm 36, so fairly close and both bringing it. (Of course he's ripped to the max and I'm... not.) And later he takes a measurement and brings down his heart rate from max to recovery in about 30 seconds and drops 20ish BP points. I come down about 12ish. Not a good, but not too shabby for Day 2.

And to top it all off -- check the meal plan (details/see the book I'm using) for the Fat Shredder I. Today's breakfast -- a recovery drink mixed with some fruit. Talk about swearing! But, true to form, I finished up the workout, headed to the kitchen, mixed up my drink, downed it, and BLAM. No hunger, a healthful buzz all around, and no internal crying about not having enough foodstuffs.

I'm sure come 9:30-10 that my bod will be more than ready for the snackin'. And that's cool.

Shower time was another study in a bit of soreness. Yesterday I could feel my back and arms and chest crying a little when I put my hands over my head.

Today, those guys were still moaning a bit, but more muscle groups were added to the chorus. Now it's more or less my entire torso, some of my back, the legs (not much), and new areas in my arms. Arms after a jumping/cardio workout? Yup. Dunno why, but there it is.

I do have to say that last night, after eating my fish and minor serving or ricey carbs, that I got a headache. I rarely get these. I'm guessing, purely, that this was my body and brain saying, look pal, your workout thingy, it's cool. And eating better/focusing on protein, great. But I need CARBS for brain/body energy, more, more!

Nope. I drank some water and left Deb and Will to eat some of the left over Xmas cookies, post-Spaghetti and sausage/sauce on their sides of the table. Yea, it all looked sooo good, even in moderation like I usually eat.

But so do those Day 90 photos (see video of one guy) I'm spying from my brothers and sisters finishing this program and following the meal plan. From fit to WHOA, thanks to no deviations.

Push play. Eat right. Burn calories. Bringin' it.

No comments: