Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tue. Jan. 22 Workout(s)

Morning:
P90X Plyometrics

Lunchtime:
40 Min. Walk (in the freezing temps, thank you VERY much)

This morning, clock reading 5:46 a.m. (takes me 6 minutes to get outta bed, feed the cats, grab my water/towel, and sync up the DVD player with the TV), and I reach for the phat P90X DVD holder. Blam, second workout -- Plyometrics, Tony holding his perpetual Heisman move against the onyx background, muscles flexed to insanity.

And suddenly my brain does what it does best at this hour -- wanders. To a tune. JUMP by Van Halen. You know how that one goes MIGHT AS WELL JUMP -- JUMP! -- sweat flying in all directions. (Listen to it here.)

Would have been the perfect tune for this workout, though it would need to be sped up from 33 to 78. (Ack, dating myself there!) An hour of the most intense session in the program. Crazy heartbeat, amped to 82-86% of my target rate, perfect. Just crazy enough to burn max fat and calories while my muscles grumble and max out with every move. Perfect 30 second breaks, repeat the moves, and on and on and on.

When it was all said and done, many heart measurements taken, my Mio spit out its readings. Worked out a little over an hour, burned...

WOAH. New RECORD!

901 calories...

Nice, nice, nice.

Then a protein shake with strawberries and banana, modest meal to say the least. Some vitamins and water, and Will's awake and I'm rev'd up to play a little and get him ready for Kindergarten.

He got his daily two punches with max strength to his Dad's flabby stomach -- getting better! -- then adds three more before he makes me fake double-over in pain. I'm glad he's getting to watch his Dad work on his body and make himself look and feel better, more energy.

Just before he heads off to the bus, he whispers in my ear -- "It's a work night, so let's do a Tony tonight." OK, I say. "Karate, OK?"

Kenpo? On Will speed?

Sounds like the perfect way to spend an hour with my son tonight. ;)

No comments: