Friday, January 04, 2008

Fri. Jan. 4 Workout(s)

Morning:
Power 90 Sculpt 3-4 475 Calories Burned

Lunchtime:
35 Min. Walk 410 Calories Burned

This morning my Mio says I burned 475 calories based on heart rate measurements over the 40-45 mins of the workout. Shame it can't measure my quads or biceps when my weight band bears down on 'em for 15-20 reps of each movement. Not to mention those 10 lunges with 5 squats in the middle of each -- hurts/burns so good!

It's amazing what a true workout *habit* can do to get your butt out of bed.

My alarm goes off at 5:40 a.m. every day, and as soon as it goes off my heart is pumping and I head down the stairs ready to rock. On those rare days when I'm away or decide (stupidly) to skip a workout, man, I feel it. I tend to feel some soreness in my back, or -- honestly -- get a bit of runny nose which lasts all morning. (Usually happens on that Sat. or Sun. morning I tell myself it's OK to sleep in.)

But when I workout, my back feels great and I have no other lame side effects.

Getting my shopping list in order today to have all the right foods in the house to jump into P90X on Monday for Day 1.

Can't wait to bring it!

No comments: