Monday, January 14, 2008

Mon. Jan. 14 Workout(s)

Morning:
P90X Shoulders & Back

Lunchtime:
40 Minute Walk

Last week, it was all about the learnin'. New moves, a bit unbalanced, unsure about weight and reps, all that noob stuff. This week, V2.0 is in the house. Level 2/Week 2 = more reps, more weight, lots more pull-ups and chin-ups, and focusing on the Tony form that leads, in the end, when done right, to muscle FAILURE.

Heck yea, feelin' the burn. Near the end, added tons of push ups, and coming up from the ground I felt a mini-nuclear explosion in my left bicep. Like BLAMO mushroom cloud NOW YOU DID IT YOU'RE FORCING ME TO BREAK A LITTLE so I make more muscle later, me, I'm a left bicep, and I'm as happy as a little guuurl.

Beyond all that, it's also again coming to my attention how much I short-changed myself for an entire year. I was bringing it for Tony Power 90 style, but decided to lamely NOT follow the diet that came with it. Sure I was eating BETTER foods, but I didn't focus on exactly what they really wanted me to eat and when. I lost 23 pounds, but put on serious muscle, and my spare tire stayed in place the entire time. Too many carbs, not enough protein?

I'm absolutely amazed at how well I'm getting by with five small meals a day. I was never one for HUGE portions, but the mini-Tony meals I'm consuming now are feeding me just fine. I'm following Fat Ripper I to a T, sometimes making small modifications if I don't have a certain item in my stocks, but still nailing the general idea every... single... meal. Lots of fish, minor intake of brown/wild rice, some fruit here and there, nuts, etc.

I've yet to feel really hungry between meals, but I can, for the first time in my life, feel my brain crackle a bit when it's ready for more fuel, saying "look, OK, not much CARBS DARN IT so here we are 2 hours from my last intake FEED ME, BRAIN BIG, NEED FOOD ok? Please?" and I reach for a protein bar and a bit of protein shake to wash it down and yummmmy... tastes good, small mass in my stomach, not a ton of calories, but lots of high-glycemic protein that takes loooong to burn, and my brain goes ahhhhhh and I get on with my morning or afternoon.

I'm pushing play in week 2 and challenging myself in lots of new ways. I nailed 9 pull ups with assistance on the legs for every, single, rep, and my push ups are growing by 20%. YES!

No comments: