Friday, January 11, 2008

Fri. Jan. 11 Workout(s)

Morning:
P90X Legs & Back & Ab Ripper

Lunch:
40 minute walk, brisk in the windy/warm day!

Let's start at the end of this workout. OK, so, nearly an hour of awesome leg and back work.

That means squats, weight resistance to target the top and bottom of the legs, a crazy-long sequence that went right for my sorta-still-aching back of my lower legs, wall work (see small image for what that entailed), PLUS many sets of pull-/chin-ups. I managed 9 of each chin up sequence with the help of a chair till I failed. Nice improvement over earlier in the week sans chair support, but still focusing on my upper body to muscle failure.

But after all that great work, we get to the end, and Tony tells us that it's time for a recovery drink. Jup, right you are! So I head into the kitchen as the applause starts up, get the mix into the glass, and... huh? I hear talking. It's Tony again -- starting up the AB RIPPER 300+ routine.

Oops. Nearly forgot.

I'm wasted, ready to get some nutrients into meh, and now I gotta dig deep and get the ab work done. Ok, sure, no problem.

Nice, nice, nice stuff... Worked all the moves till I couldn't do any more, increased the quality of the moves over my first round, and managed 18-20 before failure. My core was lovin' it, and I could feel my legs moaning with... pain? A little. Love? Yea, some of that.

So Will and Deb head downstairs 15 mins. early and catch the end of the insanity. I think Will's eyes were a little rounder than usual, and Deb couldn't help a "you really worked out, didn't you?"

I brought the X dear, yup. Was a bit dizzy heading into the kitchen for my recovery drink, scramble, and the rest.

Feeling good, seeing changes in my muscles, and enjoying my daily walks. Cheers Tony, I'll keep pressing play this weekend!

The more I do this, the more I'm convinced that, indeed, this workout is 80% DIET and 20% working out. This is truly the first time in my life that I've made a solid decision to change my eating habits, and it's thanks to the diet guide in the P90X program. It tells me when and what to eat every single day. That's what I needed.

Enjoy your weeekend everyone! I'll be working overtime, on my body. Jup.

No comments: