Friday, January 18, 2008

Fri. Jan. 17 Workout(s)

Morning:
P90X Legs and Back

Lunch:
40 min. walk as normal, in the cold...

There's a move at the end of this workout that makes me smile... it's the Groucho move. All you P90Xers know what I mean. Penguin-like moves.

You squat down with legs pretty far apart, back straight, point your toes outward from your body to the extreme left and right sides, then put your right arm up and pretend you're holding a cigar. Then move forward and backward, squatted down, feet turned out, and feel the burn and pretend that you're Mr. Marx.

I like to imagine a big, fat, perfectly stored and fragrant Macanudo tucked between my fingers. Or a Punch, max ring size. Like a 55 or 60, short, 40 minute burn. Heck, any mild brand at that ring size that I can pilfer from my father in law's humidor.

Not that I have any experience with cigars... nope. Wouldn't dare to poison my body with one of those. Never. Heh.

Again, crazy great pull ups, doing 11 now full pulls up from 9 last week, wall squats are no problem, tremlin' fer sure, but feeling good, and those crazy inward/center/OUTWARD OUCHIES FEELIN' THOSE OUTWARDS calve moves are awesome.

Course, I get to the end and realize that I -- on the advice of a new P90X pal who emailed me yesterday -- hi John @ GSK/fittest DBA in there no doubt bringin' the X -- forgot to stretch then do the Ab Ripper then the regular workout.

So capping a crazy Legs/Back routine with a second, crazIER ab routine worked out OK, but without much gas. Lotta pausing and cursing.

This time, though, I was able to concentrate on flexing my ABS and not just keeping my balance. Probably 200% more ab flexing this week over last. Nice.

Busy day -- lots to do. And the P90X has me jazzed and ready to tackle it!

No comments: