Thursday, January 03, 2008

P90X Prep: Fit Test

Prior to Day 1, Tony asked me to take his fit test. This is critical to be sure I'm ready for the rigors of the P90X program. And with a year of Power 90 under my belt, I was pretty sure I'd nail the test. And, sure enough, I did... but reading between the lines I can see that taking the last two weeks or so off because of the holidays took its toll. Can't let that happen again -- I need *daily* activity of at least 30 to 45 minutes of strenuous activity to keep my fitness level high.

Here's the details of my Fit Test...

Weight: 200 lbs. (21.8 pounds over ideal)
Body Fat: 24.1% (YIKES calculate yours here)

Chest: 43"
Waist: 40" (At my roundest portion/navel)
Hips: 42"

Right Thigh: 22"
Left Thigh: 21.5"

Right Arm: 14"
Left Arm: 14"

Resting Heart Rate: 63
Warm Up: (P90 Cardio 3-4 through yoga)
Heart Rate after Warm Up: 107

Pull-Ups: 3 (came up for a 4th but didn't clear it, ouch!)

Vertical Leap: 87" (standing) 96" (leap up) > 9" leap total (min. is 5")

Push Ups: 31 (min. is 15 NICE)

Toe touch: -2.75" from middle finger to toes (min. is -6" SWEET)

Wall squat: 1:23 @ 200 lbs (min is 1:00)

Bicep Curls: 46 w/red band (min is 10 KICKED IT)

Ins and outs: 41 (min is 25 AGAIN NICE)

Fit test, check. Well above the minimum reps across the board, pull-ups on target but a bit weak. Clearly my spare tire isn't helping matters! YIKES on the body fat, but it adds up, doesn't it?

Set to buy the necessary food items and ingredients this weekend to get the diet on course, and will start P90X on Monday.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Bring It! said...

Tim, check out P90Xcel at http://workoutsoft.com. It's the best excel-based P90X worksheet out there and it really helps stay with it.