Thursday, March 18, 2010

American Tobacco Trail
Open from Wake to Durham Counties



So great... Our NC tax dollars put to excellent use. Grab your bike, head to your nearby trail head, and get yourself moving. Click this link or the map above to see my usual route (be sure to click satellite to overlay this!) -- it's long, medium-tough, and full of exercise/outdoor goodness. One of my Top 10 Reasons for Loving North Carolina. Truth.

This route was recorded on my shiny new Android phone using the free Google My Tracks application. Beyond just GPS tracking my route, it also told me: my route was 10.46 miles, took 47 minutes to cover, my avg. speed was 14 MPH (max was 17 MPH), and even charted my speed over time. Love... it.

Don't miss my list of Top 10 apps for all new Droid owners... you'll be glad you downloaded all of these. Heck, they're free.

No comments: