Thursday, September 17, 2009

Insanity | Week 1
Pure Cardio
Nutrition/Eating Log


Four stars. A+. That's my review of Insanity Pure Cardio. Flat out from stem to stern. Folks dropping out left and right in the final 10 minutes to take a breather. Shaun pusing so hard that he can't talk. Sweat pouring, calories flaming, all good. One for the record books.

Enjoying my first full week of Insanity, and glad I had the mini-set at the end of last week. My body cried out, complained, had a day to rest, now in it and not feeling any pain/weakness. Powering through the moves. Enjoying the burn.

Also really feeling great using Shakeology. It's the perfect mid-morning snack for me. A healthy breakfast post-workout, a few hours of work, then at 10 a.m. or so my body cries out for one of these shakes. Full of amazing nutrients and some protein, super foods, and all the rest. Fuels me up, till noon hits and BAM I'm hungry again.

That is one main things I can say about the program to date -- Insanity WILL boost your metabolism. You WILL need to eat five small, quality meals a day, or you will get headaches/feel it in more ways than one. By the end of P90X round 7 my body was 100% adapted. I wasn't getting hungry, didn't feel anything changing. Insanity? Yikes. It's all new, all Plyometrics, all new moves, more intense, and my body needs more energy and needs it regularly.

Just as it should be. I'll keep pushing (play). For life. Thanks BeachBody!


Insanity & P90X: Take Action!
Jimmy Hays Nelson is a Beachbody Coach. He's done P90X (is doing Insanity!) and worked with Tony Horton, the inventor and host of the P90 workouts. Let Jimmy inspire you like he's inspired me! (2006 vs. 2009 photo P90X review proof.) Buy your copy of the P90X DVDs, then sign up (free!) to get Jimmy as your personal BB Coach. Bolster your food plan by tracking your calories with fitday.com (guys, 2,000 cals a day), and consider adding Shakeology to your daily food intake -- it's like going to the salad bar with five plates. If you're already a P90X user, take the next step and be a coach with Jimmy's help. Keep pushing play, bring it, A+ P90X review!

No comments: