Thursday, September 10, 2009


Insanity | Kick-Off Week 1
Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Nutrition/Eating Log


Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, for your consideration, Tim's post #666. I give no warranty, express or implied, as to its content. You may take every letter to heart, or none. You may relate to my experiences, or not. You may find my words to be of the highest good, or 666-inspired less-than-good.

All that said (OK Mr. Lawyer, you can leave now to chase your ambulance under our health care system my conservative friends like so much and no one should "touch") today was truly Day 1 of Insanity. It's the all-new fitness craze, crammed with the very latest in interval training techniques.

It's tough. Very tough.

Minimal breaks, more sweat-inducing moves crammed into 30-40 minutes than you've probably ever done. The last 8 minutes of workout = 20ish from any other routine -- it's crammed tight with tough moves that just keep coming.

P90X Plyometrics was a great warm up. Jettison the 60 second breaks in P90X. Make 'em 30 in Insanity. Then take the pair of sets from Plyo, and add a third.

Swap the 10-15 seconds of real intensity from P90X and stretch it to 60 very full seconds.

Finally, add a few moves to each set. Then get ready to rock.

The warm up everyone's talking about -- yep, it'll push you harder than most "workouts." And I was ultra-glad to see that the exact moment I felt I needed my first break mid-rep was the same exact time the first few guys did the same in the DVD.

P90X, Tony Horton, thanks. You've brought me to an excellent level of fitness in Power 90 and P90X.

Now it's graduation time, and Shaun T is waiting in his Insanity Dojo to bring me to Level 3.

Taking in tons of water, enjoying the cooler weather, rocking my standup desk here in my office, watching my food intake, and already seeing the scale move from 190 to 188 post-Lancaster-PA Labor Day break.

Onward!

Insanity & P90X: Take Action!
Jimmy Hays Nelson is a Beachbody Coach. He's done P90X (is doing Insanity!) and worked with Tony Horton, the inventor and host of the P90 workouts. Let Jimmy inspire you like he's inspired me! (2006 vs. 2009 photo P90X review proof.) Buy your copy of the P90X DVDs, then sign up (free!) to get Jimmy as your personal BB Coach. Bolster your food plan by tracking your calories with fitday.com (guys, 2,000 cals a day), and consider adding Shakeology to your daily food intake -- it's like going to the salad bar with five plates. If you're already a P90X user, take the next step and be a coach with Jimmy's help. Keep pushing play, bring it, A+ P90X review!



No comments: