Wednesday, October 14, 2009


Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

Interesting post from David Kaiser, historian of international and domestic politics, as well as an authority on some of the more famous criminal cases in American history:

"Like everyone else, I was quite astonished yesterday morning when I went on-line and discovered that Barack Obama had won the Nobel Peace Prize. Fortunately, the topic I had planned on writing about today has become even more relevant because of that decision. Upon reflection, I think I understand the committee's choice, and indeed, am inclined to believe that it reflects a sound appreciation on its part of the turning point at which the world finds itself. This is especially hard for Americans to grasp, I would suggest, because the spectrum of opinion in America is so radically different from opinion in every other advanced industrial country, as well as in much of the third world. Indeed, when Rush Limbaugh commented yesterday that "conservatives" like himself found themselves in agreement with the Taliban that Obama did not deserve the prize, he was saying something surprisingly profound. As usual, I shall try to make my point with the help of an analogy, this one from 100 years ago."

Full post, worth a read...

Interesting that his name has been used as the source of an anti-Obama spam making its way across the Internet. The real Mr. Kaiser has views and a knowledge of history that is 180 degrees opposite of the spam, which colors Obama as another Hitler. Welcome to the Internet, folks.

No comments: