Saturday, February 13, 2010


Week 10 | Insanity-P90X-P90X+-One on One-Hybrid Workouts
P90X+ Upper Body Plus
My 30-Week Beachbody Hybrid Calendar


Solid early morning upper-body workout, tons of pull ups, push ups, and free weight work. Love it. About 1-2 inches of snow on the ground; no word on our MAPP class for foster adopt. Will head over sans communication and hope it's still on. Still, a phone call or email would be super-cool...

And now a word from Seth Godin's blog, love this -- I've chosen positions and work that inspires me, always treating it more like a calling that a job. Have you? Life's too short, indeed. Education/.com/website work/videos for the fulfillment win at ProQuest!

Phoning it in

This was sort of shocking, at least to me:

I was talking to a religious leader, someone who runs a congregation. She made it clear to me that on many days, it's just a job. A job like any other, you show up, you go through the motions, you get paid.

I guess we find this disturbing because spiritual work should be real, not faked.

But isn't your work spiritual?

I know doctors, lawyers, waiters and insurance brokers who are honestly and truly passionate about what they do. They view it as an art form, a calling, and an important (no, an essential) thing worth doing.

In fact, I don't think there's a relationship between what you do and how important you think the work is. I think there's a relationship between who you are and how important you think the work is.

Life's too short to phone it in.

No comments: