Friday, July 25, 2008


Round 3 Week 3 P90X
Tuesday: P90X Plyometrics + Bike
Wednesday: P90X Shoulders & Arms
Thursday: P90X Yoga X + Bike!
Friday: P90X+ Total Body Plus & Biking

Honesty time again, folks... Last week, two days in a row (Wed. and Thu.) I was hitting the bike trail pretty hard -- this time with a pair of shadows.

First, a spritely dude on a nice bike was just ahead of me as I started my journey. So, of course... match his speed at least, get my legs under me, then blow 'em away, right? Sure enough, about 3 miles in, following pretty close and matching his (moderate) pace, I decided to pass him. With a smile, he waved me on, and I didn't look back -- just imagined him following close as well and pushing us both to go faster.

Thursday, same deal. Only, I was unloading my bike when I saw an obviously-seasoned woman pulling down the hill with her top-end bike and gear, with a serious attitude in her pace. Darn it, I thought, here we go again... only this time, it's going to be tough.

I finished hauling out my bike, set up my stuff, and pulled down the hill a few minutes later. Sure enough, there she was -- a solid 1.5 miles ahead just across Olive Chapel Road. I set up a crazy pace, with the goal of passing her... sometime. If I could.

I pushed and pushed, and the gap SLLLLOOWWLY closed, feeling good, winded but good... and just after passing the parking lot about 5.5 miles up the trail I finally caught up, paced her, then overtook. She had looked back once, knew I was there... then BLAM. I took off, a super-high pace, breathing pretty hard...

...then got some pretty serious right-side stitches. Ouch! I pushed through 'em, loosened up my core, and pushed through the pain.

Well, it's Tuesday now folks... and every workout since has found some slight new pain on my right side. Nothing that can't be worked through, but, I definitely got a nice pull from that stunt.

And after yesterday's crazy 95 degree, 110% humidity, and no joy in the shade ride all the way up and back the entire usable trail from Olive Chapel to the train tressle in Chatham County... I'm feeling pretty darn spent. Of course, there have been daily P90X's in there and a One on One -- sooo, with the temp already at 78 at this early hour, there shant be any biking today.

Plyometrics this (Tues.) morning, then, was taken to the top level as usual -- rocked every move, can definitely feel that my legs are as strong as they've ever been. They can take long-term abuse and not cramp up or complain, and the look pretty darn alien to me. Solid, defined... in good working order.

Scale reading 178/179 two days in a row... Feeling proud all around.

Rock your Tuesday, folks, and keep BRINGING IT Tony-style... I know I shall.



Wednesday = glamour routine -- shoulders and arms. Used my 20 pounders for the entire first round, then down-shifted to 12 for some of the moves in round two, and eight's for the bonus round wide moves. Definitely brought the attitude and burn, and my arms were quaking as I reached for the remote to turn off the TV... Results-city.

No comments: