Wednesday, July 09, 2008



Round 3 Week 1 P90X Plus

Wednesday: P90X Shoulders & Arms + Bike Ride

Want to know a secret? Taking a full week off from the P90X and P90X Plus routine sets you up for a pretty crazy re-entry... I ate pretty well, didn't over-do the adult beverages, and in general reveled in slightly more sleep each day and a few well-deserved slices of pie (thanks JoAnne!)

So imagine my surprise, today, three days back into the fold, and my chest/arms are pretty darn sore. Not so much that I can't lift my arms over my head, etc. BUT... sore through and through. And that's OK -- I'm glad my body got a little soft around the edges. It's time to tighten up the bolts and continue to work hard into Round Three and beyond.

My goal? As I told my brothers-in-law (above) -- I'm pretty happy getting down nearly 45 pounds over the last year and a half. Now that the usual July 4th family gathering is complete, one of my original goals complete -- attending the event in the best shape ever -- next year I plan on bringing my own six pack, abs-style.

To make that happen, I need to crush the Ab Routines in Rounds 3, 4, 5, and 6 -- a full 12 months between now and then... and I have no doubt that it'll happen. If I can get HERE, I can get THERE. Right? ;)

Lots to do this week, getting back into the work routine as well. Lots of video to edit, back to school email newsletters like a thunderhead on my end of July calendar, with podcasts to match... phew. Love it.

Hi Debber -- if you're reading this from Texas and Portus! Will is feeling 100% better this morning, never ran a fever, and just hit the bus to head over to school. Will keep an ear to the phone. I think his little visit to the bucket last night was a combo of lack of sleep/recovering from last week away, nerves about starting first grade on Monday, and the other things rolling around in his head that are seriously upsetting his little tummy. He misses you, and so do I!

Here's a Harry Potter themed LOLCATS for you today Deb -- rock that Dallas Con...


No comments: