Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Round 2 Week 3 P90X Plus
Wednesday: P90X+ Total Body & 14 mi. Bike

This (the last of the new Plus workouts, *sniff*) is one sweaty, crazy routine. Right out of the gate the warmup is crazy quick, and we move right into synergystics that rock your body.

Who knew it was a good idea to put your push-up bars near your pull-up bar? Tony Horton did, that's who!

Who knew you could combine a lunge with a squat with an over-the-head dumbell move, then take it all the way down, then back up again?

This one takes the rice, beans, salsa, queso cheese, shredded beef, guacamole (spelling?), sour cream, wraps it in a 7-grain tortilla, puts one 10-pounder in each hand, and makes you work out with 'em.

(Ok, that didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but now I'm hungry, again.)

Speaking of hungry, a lil' wake up call on the diet end of things. I've been following the tenets of the portion control to Fat Ripper I this time around. But I'm secretly wondering if it's time to up the consumption.

Why? Well, yesterday I did my usual 10-12 mile bike ride. This time, I had my good ol' heart monitor on my wrist, and kept my pace between 75 and 92 percent of max -- big time heart pumping in the 170's to 190's. Started the timer in the driveway, hit it every 10-12 minutes during the ups/downs of the ride, then stopped it when I coasted into the garage.

Calories burned? A little over 800.

Add to that my morning workings that have averaged 750-1,100, and we're talking burning basically 1,500-1,600 calories in workouts, five days a week. (Saturday is 800-900 P90 only usually, and Sunday's are stretch/rest.)

That's some serious output, without much increase in food input over the beginning of the program. The results are pretty great -- down to a solid 183 on the scale, midsection is coming into its own (seeing some new deep lines around the waist and some new muscles coming forward), and down from size 38/40 to 33 pants.

So, I think it's time to keep the intensity high and add some more food/protein... Matches what I read in the guide. Worth a shot.

Enjoy your hump day!

Working Class British @ Star Wars

No comments: