Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Round 2 Week 3 P90X Plus
Tuesday: P90X+ Intervals & 10 mi. Bike

When I started Power 90 in 1/07, I was out of shape. Very.. out.. of.. shape.

So the very first week or so of the 1-2 DVD "American Fatboy" (Hi Doug!) Cardio / Sculpt caused me some pain.

How much pain? Put it this way -- I get into the shower after doing the deed, eating some breakfast, and proceed to reach over my head to apply the shampoo.

Ouch. Pain. Soreness. In the arms. Hard to get the ol' arms UP UP UP.

So it was today -- only in some awesome NEW places. My biceps -- little voices deep inside the tissue mini-moaning in agony. Oooh yes, pain in my biceps, for the first time in months? Very good!

And the second spot? The left and right sides of my back, in the very center. Again, two new spots for soreness. Very good! Previously my lower back (say no more/spare tire weight band) and shoulders were the source of occasional pain. Now, the center of the back on both sides?

All new, cool stuff.

So it was, dark outside early today, that I set about my first Intervals Plus routine. My body was ready for the usual Tuesday P90X Plyometrics wringer with medium sweat, but today... the Intervals MACHINE with 3 X the sweat -- too cool. Made it all the way until I was a quivering wet mess at the end. Shorter, yes, in time -- but more intense, more fun, great new way to do everything at 1/2 speed for 20 seconds, then 75% speed for 10 seconds, then 100% for the last... 10... awesome... seconds... GAH!

I've already added a small glass of recovery drink to my workouts -- I can see why the group on the tube do the same. And Tracy, girl... would it kill you to sweat? Ask Lisa, she figured it out in Power 90. Testify.

So new pain, new gains, and I'm anxious to see my new photos, side by side, for Day 0 [post-Power 90], Day 90 [post-P90X], and new Day 180 [post-P90X+] coming in June. Here's the current set for the first two phases.

Have a rockin' Tuesday!

No comments: