Monday, March 24, 2008

Mon., March 24 Workouts

P90X Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + Ab Ripper X & Walk

Finally... time to bring my new free weights to bear on this amazing routine. Talk about feeling the burn, it hurt so darn good.

I have to admit, the bands worked great to get me where I am, but free weights really add a whole different dimension to every move. Especially for building the chest, shoulders, and tris in this workout.

When it was all said and done -- and here it is, nearly three hours since I brought it, post-perfect breakfast a la the diet guide -- my upper body is STILL vibrating a bit internally. I made sure that ALL of the final three moves were super duper tough, and the push ups were insanely collapsing at the end. Then all Ab Ripper moves, too darn good all the way around.

Which is good, because Easter was a rockin' good time. Had nearly the whole crew of local transplants, tons of kids crawling all over our awesome playset, tons of wine and food flowing, good basketball on the tube, and a good time was had by all.

Allowed myself my usual once-per-week splurge meal/dessert, and will bring extra laps/moves early this week to burn up whatever's left.

Lots to do this week, bringin' it to all areas of my life -- here, on Week 12. The FINAL full week of workouts before the recovery week, then final photos from my first full 90 days. Watch for those on April 5-6. :)

No comments: