Monday, March 10, 2008

Mon., March 10 Workouts

P90X Chest, Shoulders & Biceps + Ab Ripper X

Man this combo hurts so good. All kinds of moves to isolate the triceps -- heck, I never saw 'em before I got deep into this program. Now they pop out just enough to say hello with I'm not flexing at all, like old friends from high school coming back to say hello. (That sounds a little creepy, doesn't it?)

The slow/fast push ups are crazy, and I'm really digging the pain when I get to the end of Ab Ripper X. Hurts so darn good.

Awesome weekend behind me, great week ahead. Last night, I headed over to Kohl's to take advantage of a crazy sale on... get this... swimsuits. Yea, swimsuits. I only have XL, crazy-leg-length shorts. So, a solid Nike blue swimsuit, medium, fits like a glove. Score.

Next up, some workout pants. Really like the black medium's I bought a few weeks ago, so I head over to the racks and... what the heck. Here's a few small's and medium's. Grab a few of both.

The mediums are loose and way too baggy. The SMALL's -- fit like a glove.

S m a l l 's...

I'm still taking that in as I sit here in a pair. SMALL PANTS ON TIM MCLAIN.

Super woot.

As if that wasn't enough... I went (was given permisssion, thanks Deb and Will!) to see U23D on Saturday at a local DLP/Dolby theater -- man o man.

Get a taste of the awesomeness here!



Perfect 3D goodness, latest tech, and of course, Bono and his crew rocked Argentina hardcore. I find all of U2's concert films to be exceptionally emotional. I enjoy putting on Rattle and Hum on the ol' PSP when I'm in a plane on the way back from an event, always gets me psyched up to re-enter family mode, makes me remember just how much I really missed Deb and Will.

Slane Castle is just a rockin' good time, but U23D hits it out of the park. You're right in Bono's face, and you can clearly see the audience reaction to each and every note. It just amplifies the concert experience I hope I get to have someday with U2... live.

Don't miss this film -- U23D for the win all the way.

"As Tim retreats to iTunes and pulls up all the rare and unreleased tracks to kick start his morning..."

No comments: