Friday, December 18, 2009


Insanity-P90X-P90X+-One on One-Hybrid Workouts | Week 3
P90X Legs and Back Routine
X-­1-­sane 30 Week Beachbody Hybrid Calendar


Caught myself a bit of celebrity rash yesterday. You know, the kind you get when you rub shoulders with someone famous, in their own way. In my case, it was an email exchange with one Mark Briggs, one of the workout buddies of Tony Horton, the man behind P90X, P90X+, One on One with, well, Tony Horton, etc.

Mark is one of the main guys working out, hard, behind Tony in the P90X+ series of DVDs. Think of P90X+ as what's "next" after that final week of "rest" at the end of P90X. You're at the top of your game, your body is ready for MORE, and Tony and Mark are standing ready to help you get to the next level.

I reached out to Mark, one of my BeachBody coach/FaceBook friends, to ask him about his crazy ripped abs. "I've done all the programs," I said. "But I still can't see my abs. Help!"

He responded fast -- asking for my height, weight, and a rough outline of what I'd been eating/intake levels. No problem, thanks to my fitday.com logging over the past months/in 2009.

An hour later, the response.


Basically, I'm under eating. What I'd been thinking about for some time.

His take -- I need to get my calories up to 2,600 to lose weight/not cause my body to store weight to fight against my workout gains/start to see my spare tire remnant go away, and hit 3,200 calories to simply maintain what I've got.

Plus, kill DAIRY and go all-supplements for calcium and Vita D. No problem.

Simple. Not so simple is getting my brain around those numbers. It's easy to get trapped in the mantra of eat less, workout more, push, push, and go crazy.

No more. Come New Year's, it's time to downshift and start tracking my food again, and get my calories UP.

No excuses.

Thanks Mark. Now for some cream for this darn rash... All good.

No comments: