Friday, December 04, 2009

Fun Stairs: Encouraging exercise...



In one of Tony Horton's One on One workouts he mentions going to the airport and noticing only himself and a few other people using the stairs. Everyone else? On the people movers and escalators. "Use the stairs people! Every little calorie counts!"

Amen. I've followed his advice on all my travels -- even when I have a tight gate change. SPRINT, run up the stairs, on and on. Nice.

Which brings us to the video above, done by some creative folks in Europe. Imagine if we had more stairs retrofitted to be fun/make burning a few extra calories a cause for a smile or two, some musicality, as well as getting us to where we need to go?

Love it!

More on my current approach to working out, with Beachbody products, combining P90X, P90X+, Insanity, and yes, some of Tony's One on One workouts:

X-­1-­sane 30 Week Beachbody Hybrid Calendar

Questions? Email me! timothymclain at yahoo.com or send me a friend request on FaceBook, or on Twitter.

1 comment:

Susan said...

hmm.. this is something I should start watching because I travel a lot and don't use the stairs, which I should especially after sitting in an airplane for hours! Good post