Thursday, August 14, 2008


(Woah, post 301 -- maybe he'll have something interesting and
pithy to say today? What a snob. Who even says "pithy" anymore?)

Round 3 Week 6 P90X

Thursday: P90X Yoga X + BIKE

So Will is in his room, around the corner, as I boot up my manifold electronic devices, and he's singing at the top of his lungs, one of his newest joys:

America, AMERICA,
I've never been to America!

It's so good,
and it's so bad,
I've never been to AMERICA!
I've never been to AMERICA!

I've never been like
this or that,
but I'm singin' this song!

America, AMERICA,
I've never been to America!

Sing it Will! He certainly has the pop song cadence down -- stick to a theme, repeat it till you're blue in the face, with a catchy rhythm, pump up the "America" part to 11, and there you have it -- instant hit.

Yea, so, post 301 today on the ol' blog... hard to believe. Lots documented here, an unlikely journey from fat to thin, 51 pounds returned to the universe -- from postponing fitness to bringing it with Tony daily and adding lots of physical activity to my life.

A little over 18 months of struggle and light pain and blog rolling to get me to today -- 178-180 on the scale, looking like a completely different man in the mirror, and loving every minute of it. I mean, Tim with muscles? Too cool for school.

The whole thing is... it was EASY. Sure, there was hard work involved, but, making the habit stick -- not a challenge. Once I'd made up my mind that taking a statin forever wasn't an option, and that I wanted to hit my 20th high school reunion looking like a proper grad (coming up first weekend in Oct.) -- that combo (equal parts healthy and vanity) really made it real for me. I pressed play everyday, followed the diet, did the routines, and... well, that's it.

It's true -- 99% of success is just showing up.

Which brought me to Yoga today, feeling fine, and looking forward to a serious ride on the trails with Wes -- they're sure to be pretty darn wet today, so will need 30% more energy to keep those tires moving in the packed gravel surface.

Good. Very, very good...

No comments: