Monday, August 11, 2008


Round 3 Week 6 P90X
Monday: P90X Shoulders, Tris, Bis + Ab Ripper X & Bike

Go USA! Oops... there I go again. NBC and the press all whipping us up in to a pro-USA fury during the Summer Olympics. I think we tend to forget -- Americans anyway -- the true spirit of the Games.

That is, thousands of amateur athletes from dozens and dozens of countries coming together to compete in the name of more than nationalistic pride, but for the sake of competition in general, and sportsmanship. I try to temper my NBC watching with visiting websites in Canada and the UK/Europe to temper my understanding and see broader coverage... I urge you to do the same, if you can.



So, long weekend behind me... felt pretty crazy-sore in the legs and thighs as usual. Seems to be a recurring theme with P90X -- work hard all week, hit Saturday like a brick wall, in terms of soreness. Do some light cardio/stretching to keep things moving if I can -- not this weekend, still felt a little off, Deb has a nasty cough/cold atm, and I felt pretty energy-less -- and really feel the legs locking up some Sunday.

That said, Monday morning finds me with some minor recovery complete, and plenty of mental energy to hit the new week... HARD. My arms were burning, really churned through the push ups and other moves, and got through most of Ab Ripper in good form with harder positioning, before the little guy made his appearance.

Back on the diet, back on the horse with Tony, and a nice ride on the ATT scheduled for the lunch hour. Ooooo yea... Nice way to kick off Week 6 of Round 3 of P90X.

No comments: