Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Round 2 Week 9 P90X Plus
Wednesday: P90X+ Total Body Plus

Let's be honest with ourselves, ok? There are some moves in P90X and P90X+ that are... kinda crazy for some folks.

Take the second move right out of the gate on the ever-lovely Total Body Plus. Grab your pull-up bar, bring your chin up over the bar, then... raise your knees to the bar as well, make a nice tight ball up top, then bring the legs back down, then the upper body, pause while still hanging... then repeat.

Thanks to my first full round of P90X, doing these in + has been insanely fun. I'm averaging 5 in my first set, stand down and pause a few seconds, then 3-4 more, rest, followed by 2-3 more -- about 10-13 in total when it's all said and done. Nothin' but LOVE.

Have to pass this gem along -- Will caught a report on the Today Show about the China quake recovery efforts. He was mezmerized, asking questions about quakes, why one happened there, what the people were doing to clean up/why there were schools that collapsed, etc.

After taking everything in, he pauses and says, "I hope the Lead Stores all collapsed, too."

I say, "What do you mean?"

He says, "You know -- the place where the bad people buy lead to put in my toys. They even put it in food."

And to cap it off, he ends with, "And I hope they don't build them again."

Ahh the mind of a child...

Cooler today, only 90 as a high, finally out of the 4-day 100+ record breaking heat here in the Carolinas.

By the way -- had a doctor's appointment yesterday, crazy rash on my back. I know -- what the? Right there with you. No idea. Anyway, they checked my last few visits -- going from 201 to nearly 230, then down to 205 last July.
Then...

Weight [7/07] = 206
Heart Rate = 118/72

Now...

Weight [6/08] = 186
Heart Rate = 104/58

Axious to avoid this by keeping up this routine... forever:

No comments: