Thursday, June 19, 2008


Round 2 Week 10 P90X Plus
Wednesday: P90X+ Total Body Plus
Thursday: P90X Yoga X
Friday: P90X+ Upper Plus & Abs Core Plus
Saturday: P90X+ Kenpo Plus

It's been eight awesome years working for ProQuest -- we specialize in providing online access to school/academic research solutions like eLibrary, SIRS, CultureGrams, and ProQuest. When our K-12 division was rolled out to bigchalk.com in 2000, we were all about eLibrary -- in the years since we've added lots of additional solutions. Kids and teachers/librarians in 30,000+ schools use our offerings, and I'm proud to be part of the small team that helps support usage and sales of these in-depth, crazy-great online destinations.

One of the most fun things I get to do is make training videos for our K-12 website. These started out as pretty basic, voiced-over screen capture affairs in 2000ish. Today, I use Camtasia (Windows) and iMovie (Mac) to make much more compelling videos -- some are 30 minutes, some are three -- but they all let me stretch my creative muscles ;) and keep our audience in-the-know and informed.

Hence today's picture. I recently wrapped my first all-new video for SIRS Researcher -- check it out.

Next up is CultureGrams. Yesterday I spent part of my afternoon doing a cooking spot in my kitchen. CultureGrams has a huge recipe collection, with 5-6 yummy dinners/desserts/side-dishes for more than 200 countries. I made Chicken with Bananas (who knew that Platains tasted more like potatoes and less like bananas?) -- a speciality in Burundi. I also made Fruit Compote from the Ukraine. (Talk about... easy.)

Today, I'm planning a trip to downtown Raleigh with Deb in tow as my production crew. One of the big parts of CG is its States Edition -- so shooting my standups in the capital of North Carolina = makes crazy sense. And since I'm pretty close, why the heck not?

Will post links to Chef T ;) and the new CG video in the next few weeks. Lots of trade shows (NECC) coming up, so early July will be it.

Oooh yes, nearly forgot. Had a hard time getting out of bed this morning (sunburned and still excited from Will's big swim wins last night!) but managed it with a bite from Deli to get out of bed and feed him -- heh -- and then rocked all the Total Body Plus moves. Feeling a little shaky -- in a good way. I meant that in a good way.


No comments: