Friday, August 07, 2009





P90X | Week 9
Mon: P90X Chest & Back
Tue: P90X Plyometrics
Wed: P90X Shoulders & Arms
Thu: Break
Fri: P90X Legs & Back
Nutrition/Eating Log


Mon: Relaxing weekend, took in The Hangover (ROFLMAO!), watched Caprica (they pulled it off, should have been a series post-BSG, haunting to see first Cylon born and make a call to an old friend, yikes), and now back to work, awaiting news on a critical backend system related to my work.

Fingers, legs, arms, knees, ankles, crossed...

Tue: Some excellent advice from Tony Horton, the trainer in P90X, answering some FaceBook email/queries:

Hi Tony!

One of the men that I Coach is very frustrated over his P90X plateau. I have tried to help him but have not been effective. Here is what he said:

"Very frustrated. I have almost completed my second round of p90x. I have two more weeks left. I have not seen any more results via abs, arms and chest. I eat just like the book says."

Would appreciate any advice you have that I can provide to him. I am also a P90X grad, love my results, and never hit a plateau so I cannot relate to his issue.

I know you are a busy person and greatly appreciate your time and advice.

Best always
Lisa

Lisa,

Tell him I said that when he focuses on his looks, his looks won't change in a predetermined time frame. If he focuses on getting better, stronger, more flexible, etc., his body will change at the speed it's supposed to change. Everyone is different. For some the physical appearance we long for happens in 90 days. For others (me included) it takes much longer. Getting frustrated because we don't like the "look" we want when we think we should have it, is stupid. Instead of frustration about looks, his attitude should be... Do My Best And Forget The Rest ~ For The Rest Of My Life.

Tony Horton, Beachbody.com & P90X Inventor/Trainer


crush play: Shakeology is a value that you can't afford to pass up: "Meal replacement shakes, energy drinks, weight loss supplements, blah blah blah. There are tons of them. But everybody..."



I'm 100% loving my Shakeology, and it's paying dividends in my workout. Click the link above to learn more from another Beachbody trainer who's reviewing P90X and Shakeology -- and order your super-dense, important meal replacement here.

Wed: Rocked the arms and shoulders today, super-silly arm circles to stretch, then lots of heavy lifting. Trying to favor my 30 lb free weights for all overhead moves, 20 lb for the tricep moves, then falling back to 20/10 for round-crazy-two. Glamour muscles for the tank top win.

Thu: Tstorms all night long, kept us all up. Resting today, should be doing Yoga.

Posted a comment about my former colleage and friend Jay Bryant (LiveWorld / KOZ.com) -- we both hit the ground on Day 1 at bigchalk.com back on 1.1.00, which eventually was rolled back into ProQuest and my current proquestk12.com gig as Marketing Manager.

Fri: Wow, rocked P90X Legs and Back -- pull-ups from heaven, did one set of 25 in there when my brain went into ProQuest work mode/wasn't paying attention to rep count. Makes me wonder how many I could do if I really could turn off my brain!


P90X: Take Action!
Jimmy Hays Nelson is a Beachbody Coach. He's done P90X and worked with Tony Horton, the inventor and host of the workouts. Let Jimmy inspire you like he's inspired me! (2006 vs. 2009 photo P90X review proof.) Buy your copy of the P90X DVDs, then sign up (free!) to get Jimmy as your personal BB Coach. Bolster your food plan by tracking your calories with fitday.com (guys, 2,000 cals a day), and consider adding Shakeology to your daily food intake -- it's like going to the salad bar with five plates. If you're already a P90X user, take the next step and be a coach with Jimmy's help. Keep pushing play, bring it, A+ P90X review!



No comments: