Wednesday, May 06, 2009


Shakeology Challenge: Sponsors?

It's amazing what passing a flu virus from a vital 7-year-old to a relatively fit, active 38-year-old adult -- Will, 3 days, in and out. Me? A week of fog, rest, a trip to the doc, all the rest. No joy. In any case, that bout is over, and I'm feeling strong again. Nailed ChaLEAN cardio yesterday and Push 2 this morning with my usual 12-20-30 pounders. Old self, back.

Quick note -- been experimenting food-wise, adding Shakeology as a meal replacement. What's Shakeology? It's a new product from our friends over at BeachBody.com, sellers of all things Tony Horton (P90X), Shawn T, and ChaLEAN Extreme. Read the full ingredients list here, and here's one review.

The pitch:
"This daily nutritional shake helps your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need. A proprietary blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics helps your body progressively eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating today's highly processed foods."

"At the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke."

"Even if you searched all over the world, you probably wouldn't be able to find all of the 70-plus, ultra-high-quality ingredients we've included in Shakeology. Not only do you get a wide range of essential nutrients, from the fruits and vegetables you should be eating more of every day, you'll also get the benefits of important foods from all around the world—foods that the latest scientific research has shown to be highly advantageous to your well-being."

When I saw the testimonial video (bottom right) and read the reviews, I knew I had to give it a go, consistently, just like my workouts. I've been looking for assistance with carving out the last 10-15 pounds wrapped around my midsection like thick-sliced bacon around a small filet mignon.

The hook > one gentleman in the video says that's exactly what it's done for him -- years of working out, watching his food intake, and not losing the last of the flab wrapped over his abs. Shakeology, in rapid fashion, made this happen for him.

Great, count me in for a test. I'm 15 days in of my 30 day -- expensive -- supply, and the results? No change in weight. Midsection un-budged. Workouts intense and regular, minus the short delay for the flu.

I'll report back in early June -- honestly, I'm betting a 60 to 90 or even 120 day test would be a better mark of Shakeology's effectiveness. Right now, 30 days seems to be a bust in terms of real physical and visible results. For me.

If any BeachBody coaches or online retailers of BeachBody workouts would like to sponsor a longer test with daily blogging here w/embedded links to your ecommerce page or coach page, I'd be happy to oblige.

This will help me provide a longer test for a regular Joe Six Pack Beachbody workout user, and give you uplift in Google results and cross-links to your site to increase business. I did this last year with a BeachBody reseller, and helped lift his search ranking to the top of the Google first page, and each individual post and cross links can help with yours as well.

I can be reached at timothymclain at yahoo.com.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

No comments: