Monday, May 25, 2009

P90X | Week 1
Chest & Back
Reps + Routine: 100%


Seems fitting to start an all-new round of P90X on Memorial Day. Dad and Kathy down for two days, reconnecting, Dad comes downstairs before 7 and catches the last 50% of the workout. Kept me honest in the second round, for sure.

Speaking of honesty -- did 100% of the routine today, really feeling the burn on push-ups and pull-ups. I'm actually pretty stoked about how hard it was -- there's lots of room for moving up, getting back into P90X form and rep count, and Day 1 *should be* harder than Day 90.

Post-workout, making breakfast for everyone, and realized the tag on my shirt was sticking up. I reach back with my left hand -- then my right -- both could barely get to the back of my neck to tuck it in. Muscles maxed out and quivering. Good times.

Looking back, realizing this will be my sixth full round of P90X/P90X+ -- and I want this one to be the very best, 100% completion on all the routines daily for six days a week, done on/around Aug. 22? All good.

On a personal note,
I've been thinking a lot lately about my grandfather, Robert Reynolds. He was a Seabee in WWII, built landing strips on Pacific Islands, and was a member of the crew that made the runway on which the Enola Gay took off to drop the first atomic bomb. (He said they all watched the plane take off, all knowing something was up -- but not told exactly what was going on.) Boom.

When Will and I attended the Cherry Point Air Show last weekend, we stood in line at an Army booth. They were offering dog tags -- just provide your name and birth date. Punch. Done.

I've been wearing my tag daily since then (see photo below/here), and the interesting "tinkle" sound the metal on metal chain makes has been jogging my memories, and my gratitude, for both my grandfather's work in WWII and that of every U.S. soldier who's given their all for our country. And today I'll wear my tag again and say a silent prayer to Pop-Pop. Thank you, all. Thank you.

2 comments:

Judyteach2 said...

Tim - Neeny would love knowing what you wrote about PopPop. I'm so proud to say you are my son - you are a fine young man!

Love you, Mom

Wes said...

You going to post the link to you fitday.com?

Started P90X MWF workouts today, ho boy, been away for too long.

X it!