Thursday, May 28, 2009


P90X | Week 1
Yoga X
Reps + Routine: 96%
Nutrition/Eating Log


Yoga, old friend, I didn't realize how much I missed you. Sliding back into P90X post ChaLEAN Extreme = lots of muscle-building workouts, but no flexibility training for those 90 days.

So, heading into the very first salutation right out of the gate, I held my plank, then started down on my pushup move toward downward dog, and got a quarter of the way down and felt extreme tightness and soreness in my shoulders. Yeeouch.

I fumbled and grunted through the first 2-3, then the miracle of Yoga -- they got easier. I could go lower, lower, then lower... to the ground, then gently up into downward dog, finally, easily, about 1/2 way through the set.

Did I mention I missed you, friend Yoga? I did indeed. I nailed the first half of the moves (minus the usual Warrior 4/one leg straight down, the second straight behind and all variations = extreme hip crazy pain so skip, about 9 mins of the overall workout) then enjoyed the static positions, spine helpers, all that jazz.

Came out of it with tons of energy, a flexible body, calm mind, increased bloodflow, and all the rest. Ooooommmmmm indeed.

Onward -- editing the video I shot yesterday, ready to move into real editing on four new training videos for good ol' ProQuestK12.com. I love my job! (Click below to see the fruit of our labors -- the red items = the newest/using our new format/me on camera.)

1 comment:

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Hey there... I just found your blog! It looks great and I can't wait to read up!