Tuesday, December 30, 2008


Tuesday
12.30.08

Photo: Hung out with a few old Exeter High School reunion friends over the Christmas visit to PA -- nice evening had by all! Here's hoping we can get more folks to come the next time we all roll into town. This summer/next Xmas?

Workout: P90X Plymetrics
Completion: 100% (w/Bonuses)
Burned: Approx. 800 (Low Side)

Body Weight: 196
Goal Calories: 2,000
Eaten Total: 1,555
Difference: -445
Calorie Deficit Mon.-Sun Goal: 3,500
Current Progress/Goal: 445 of 3500
^ Starting down one full day/missing Mon. workout.

Well folks, here it is. The summary of my thinking these past two... recovery weeks. Two weeks in which my weight moved from 185 to 196. Now that Round 4 of the P90X series pair is moving into the last phase, I've decided to start 2009 as I did 2008 -- with a new lookout, a new plan, and a promise to myself to follow it through.

Here's my agreement. I shall workout six days a week, do 100% of the workouts/length, and burn the calories I need to achieve a 3,500 calorie deficit. As you may know, 3,500 calories = 1 pound. By June, I want to be stable at 175 pounds, and have a showing ab midsection.

To make this happen, I'm counting every calorie that goes into my body. If I can't count it, it doesn't go in. In the past I've taken time to record my heartbeat every 5-10 minutes with my workout watch whilst doing P90X.

In most cases, my watch tells me that I burn between 700 (weight lifting) and 900-1000 (Plyometrics flat out) calories per workout based on my heartbeat measurements.

Thus, eating high quality good, know the calories, and burning a bunch more with P90X six full days a week and packing a deficit, there's the plan. I'm aware that Tony and team don't call P90X a calorie-deficit workout program. Perhaps. However, nearing the end of a full year+ of doing P90X, I still have a spare tire and no showing abs. This is my plan, a next step, to getting where I want to go, with my body.

Join me for the ride -- 2009, here I come!

It's interesting -- despite coming off two weeks of watching what I eat (while enjoying a few sweets here and there) and being pretty unhappy about hitting 196 (ouch!) upon my return -- with a plan in hand and the confidence from two years of working out and being successful, I know I'll make this happen -- so I'm not focusing on the recent weight gain, but the results I know I'll achieve by getting back on track and bringing it.

Love it.

No comments: