Friday, December 19, 2008



Round 4 Week 7
Fri.: 10 X 5 Pull-ups

The end of the year in sight, feeling pooped, so the alarm has been turned off for a few days now -- no 5 a.m. siren calls to the TV. Has left me... not much more well-rested.

Add to that lots going on from 8-6 or so work-wise, and, well, 1/1 is looking pretty good.

Time to enjoy the holidays, relax, keep the food intake where it needs to be, and prepare to rock the workouts again starting fresh on Jan. 1.

Here's to a wonderful holiday season for everyone, everywhere... ;)


2 comments:

m.etienne said...

Hi,

I am very interested on starting the P90X program and searching the web I came across your blog my concern is that I do 3-4 times per week some serious mountain bike and I´m not sure if I can do both the P90X and the mountain bike?

I really wouldn´t like to leave the mountain biking I was wondering how do you do both and if you have feel good combining both?

Thanks for your advice and also have a great holidays!!!

Best regards,

Tim McLain said...

Good question -- I found that so long as you increase your food intake that doing both P90X and biking works out fine. For the first few weeks of the combo I was going to bed early and feeling pretty worn out. Once I ate more, added carbs and proteins, that my energy level came up. One of the hardest things for me has been eating more when I need too. We're all so programmed nowadays to cut back on food, but when we're working hard more good is the key. ;)