Monday, December 01, 2008


Round 4 Week 5
Mon.: Recovery!

So, did I get a good deal on gas... or what?

Pulled into the Texaco late last night, big smile on my face. It had taken us 9 hours to cover the same ground it normally takes us 4 or so to cover -- but here was the reward, $1.61 gas. Woah. Nice.

I take the picture to place right here on the ol' blog, then I spy that red tag... rejected. Soooo, did I get that amount of gas? More? Less?

Heck, the needle read full, and I spent a mere $19.43 to get it there. Nice.

Remind me never to take the 95/85 corridor from PA to NC again the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Pure parking lot insanity for state after state, fender benders every few miles, and one tired Tim.

Nice day for a birthday, no? ;)

38, a little older, wiser, happier... fitter?

Starting again tomorrow. I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you posted this here! Now I can point it out to you NEXT Thanksgiving not to go that way! *wink* Didn't it take a looong time last year? And the time before that was when the helicopter landed next to us on the highway, remember that? :-D
Yeah, yeah... but it was necessary this time because of the ice. Hopefully next year it will be warmer. I love you! Sorry you had to spend your birthday on the road!
-Deb