Wednesday, December 03, 2008


Round 4 Week 5
Tue. Bonus: 30 Pull-Ups
Wed.: P90X+ Total Body (100%)


Phew -- the week is coming together nicely. Recovered from that crazy post-T'giving commute from heck down 95/85, plowed through the early week emails, and have emerged on hump day with a positive attitude and some spring in my step.

Working my way back to full exercise capacity as well, and adding some moves to keep me focused. Hence the beginning of "bonus pull-up days" -- basically, the P90X eating plan gets us eating five small meals per day. Works for me.

So when I head downstairs to sup, the doorway to the pantry holds my pull-up bar. Excellent. So (goal) 5x per day, head there to eat, and crack out 10 pull-ups in a row without stopping. 5x per day, 10 per, for a goal of 50 pull-ups per day. Extra. Gratis. Above and beyond. Hoping this will keep my upper body and back in a state of constant repair, buring calories in the top section, whilst all the lower-body work in the synergistic P90X+ workouts, like Total Body today.

You'll also note the addition of the percentage meter -- I feel the need to be super-honest. There are days I get to 50, 60, 75, 80 percent of a workout and feel a lil' sick in my stomach, and just plain wrecked. So when this happens, I stop. Thus the percentages starting yesterday and onward.

Logging all this to keep me honest = priceless.

Anxious to spend a little time with Jim O'Reilly today -- a blast from Deb and I's past when we met, fell in love, and got married in Lancaster, PA. WGAL-TV was our workplace at the time, I was an associate producer then Morning Report producer; Deb was the exec. assistant to the News Director, and Jim... Jim was the guy up on the raised control center desk, manning the phones, getting story leads, assigning things to the reporters and photographers, and overall chewing peeps out on the phone and being a loud, pain the ass. Which is both his personality AND his job. At the time.

10+ years later, he's headed to RDU today, and we'll get together for dinner tonight to catch up. Nice. Photos coming for sure!


No comments: