Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Week 18 | Insanity-P90X-P90X+-One on One-Hybrid Workouts
Shakeology Cleanse + 30 Minute Workout
My 30-Week Beachbody Hybrid Calendar


I'm surprised -- it's day three of the Shakeology Cleanse (scroll down to see source/how to do this), and I'm feeling fine. Good energy, enjoying the 30 minute free workout that came with the first bag of this amazing shake product (get yours), and very much feeling it in the ol' abs.

So some honesty is in order. I'm not a huge fan of the Ab workouts in P90X and even One on One with Tony Horton.

Put it plainly, they hurt my lower back, they're hard, and they add 20-25 minutes to workouts that are already about an hour long.

Excuses, excuses. But the final 7-8 minutes of Ab work in the little Shakeology 30 gem seems just right. Gets the mid-section burning, pushes my envelope till I have to squirm a bit -- you know, a little "ouch!" and turn to one side to relax the muscles when they're burning? -- and get a little sweat from mid-way to the end. Heck, even the main trainer on the program (she's also Shaun T's main example person in the Insanity DVD series) visibly gets a little sweaty in round 2 of 3.

So with good energy, and an eye towards more water intake today (had a minor headache last night/woke up with the same, I'm blaming H20 lack thereof) and following the plan through tomorrow morning, will see what we shall see.

Took the liberty of weighing myself last night and this morning. Came into the cleanse at 201, this start of Day 3 weigh-in?

194, leaning towards 193.

Certainly lost water/"other" stuff -- and my pants are noticeably fitting better. So has this short-term little calorie deficit diet worked out? I'd say a solid YES.

More reports as the day proceeds and I start back on normal food tomorrow.

Tech tip for the day -- have you heard of Last.fm? Free online streaming of music, to your computer or cell phone. Input an artist or band, and it makes a continual stream of free music in a mix. Sure you can't get specific tracks -- it's free folks! -- but you WILL learn about new artists you've never heard before that sound a lot like your favorites. Sign up and start listening.


Today is the day you start getting into shape. Let me help...
Ready to get in shape, with my help? I can be your coach, help you via email/online, and get you started on the right foot. First, sign up here to get me as your free coach. Next, click SHOP here to get your copy of Power 90 (beginners) or P90X (intermediate) or Insanity (advanced interval training). (NBA stars, singers like Cheryl Crow and Pink, and folks like you and I are doing it! Here's Tony Horton talking about P90X.) Bolster your food plan by tracking your calories with fitday.com (guys, 2,500 cals a day, gals 1,800), and consider drinking a Shakeology shake in place of lunch -- it's like going to the salad bar with five plates. If you're already a P90X user, take the next step and be a coach with my help. Keep pushing play, bring it, A+ P90X review!


No comments: