Tuesday, October 07, 2008


Round 3 Week 11 Take Two
Tues.: P90X Back & Chest + KillerAbs & Bike

Having the flu stinks. Having a flu that likes to nest in your head then drop deep into your chest -- even worse. Dragged me down for an entire week, still getting my energy back -- and this morning was no picnic. Rocked KillerAbs up front (love it), then got a little over 1/2 way through Back and Chest before I was feeling seriously ill. Could only push myself through so many reps and crazy pull ups -- but, I pushed play and brought it. A good re-start.

The weekend -- wow! I'm guessing my 20th class reunion experience was pretty similar to most folks out there. Recognized a few folks, many more once I read the name tags, and *really* was thrown back in time once people started talking and showing their little personal traits. Some in the way they talked, others in their smiles, others still in how they unconsciously stroked their chins while they talked.

A little embarassed as well -- Beth Hartman (Kline), the girl down the street my friend Jeff and I fought over in elementary school? Well, after saying hello, took her .02 seconds to lift up her bangs and show me a small scar -- "thanks for this, TIM!" Huh? Todd backed her up last night -- apparently she was over at my house and Todd, Beth and I were throwing around some rocks (?) when I konked her square on the head, blood flowing. So now... daily reminders of me being stupid. Yikes! Sounds a little caveman to me... LOL!

Jen Simon hasn't changed at all, Melanie Eng -- another Lorane Orchards brat -- was there, fresh out of the time machine, frozen at age 18 from head to tow. Wow! And speaking of cute -- check out Deb above in her slinky black thing. Very, very nice... Making me proud!

Some spread out a little, some got skinny, others were somewhere in between. But, I can honestly say -- 20 years has a way of wearing away barriers. Everyone was friendly and happy to see each other, and we talked about the very few folks who weren't with us. Looks like everyone turned out pretty darn good, Exeter Schools be proud.

And now... wow. 50% of my motivation for getting in shape, now in the past. Know what? It doesn't matter one bit... I'm in this for the long haul. Now to get to work on my six pack for next July's pool party at Chez Kinyon. Sounds good.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although in retrospect, I think I was hiding under the sliding board in your backyard and when I peeked to see where you were, my head hit the rock! But it was fun to see you blush ;-)

Awesome blog entry - keep on keepin' on!