Tuesday, October 21, 2008

North Carolina State Fair 2008

Round 3 Final Recovery Week (W13)
Mon.: KillerAbs & Bike Ride
Tue.: Plyometrics

The end of round three is upon me -- a total of nine months of working out with Mr. Tony Horton using his crazy-good P90X and P90X+ routines. The results are very visible -- the thinnest face/body I've ever had. A weight that stays between 180 and 184 week in and week out. Showing muscles I never knew I had, and some excellent endurance/strength all around. I also added some pretty hardcore biking near the end of round two (?) -- so my overall activity has never been higher.

If I'm honest, there's still one territory I'm not all that thrilled about -- my belly. Still a pretty visible flabby, squishy ring around my center. I'm chalking it up to not 100% following the diet -- pretty close though, and my food choices are 180 degrees different from when I started -- AND using Tony's new KillerAbs routine. I'm guessing I have a pretty nice looking six pack buried under there, and the more I work those muscles, the more the flab is being pushed out and made more visible.

As I enter the final rest and recovery week, I'm thinking had about what to do next. It's been P90X - P90X+ - P90X -- next? P90X+ just to make that equation look good? Or? Maybe moving to 90 days of crazy cardio with Turbo Jams or Hip Hop Abs -- two other Beachbody workouts? Or try a combo P90X/P90X+ just like FaceBook pal Jimmy Hays Nelson has suggested?

What to do... first, to stay on course through this recovery, then tie on some basic routines next week whilst in Seattle for the T+L conference/our ProQuest booth, then back the first week of November with a solid Week 2 of Round 4... wow. Been a great road, time to carefully think of the next mile.

Headed out to the NC State Fair this weekend (photos) -- woah. Cool temps, great rides, good food -- my once-per-year friend indulgence = deep fried pecan PIE -- and all the usual goodness that is North Carolina. Too many people wearing McCain Palin stickers for my taste -- never did find the superior Obama sticker givers.


Superman Tim doing his thang...

2 comments:

Rich D said...

Dude, I have to say - in a strictly hetero way of course - that I don't think you've ever looked better and fitter. You're making the rest of us who are trying to enjoy the slide into our doughy middle ages look bad!

Tim McLain said...

Thanks Rich -- heck, you've always been Mr. Stick Figure. Don't tell me that's going... away?

Time isn't kind!