Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thu. Feb. 28 Workout(s)

P90X Yoga X & Walk

It's amazing how energized I feel after an hour+ of Tony's P90X Yoga routine. From the deep breathing and stretches at the start, to tons of downward dogs/planks/push up moves/to swinging the legs through to warrior one and two, reverse warrior, and all the rest -- my heart gets pumping just enough to bring a sense of "working out," but at the same time, a sense of calm and focus.

Over the past weeks of doing this routine, I've steadily been able to extend the moves, bend more deeply, stretch to new depths, and send tons of welcome bloodflow to my once under-used joints and limbs/chest/back.

The sweat still comes, but my nerve endings vibrate through many of the moves, bringing an internal massage, and at the end -- so great -- my head is lighter, my whole body lifted up by the routine. It's heaven.

Makes me glad it's Thursday!

No comments: