Monday, November 29, 2010


P90X Chest & Back | Workout
Fitness Blueprint | Insanity/P90X #10 (Get P90X or start with Power 90)
Personal | Weight: 197 (Shakeology Snack Added)
Tracking Calories (iPad App)
Working at my Stand Up Desk (plans) (Why you should, too!)

What a way to end my 30's. Excellent, tough upper-body workout. In my second week back on the Tony Horton Express -- P90X -- and starting my 5th year of this little New Year's resolution made crossing from 2005 into 2006. How's that for consistency?

Headed to the doc early today and had the best physical of my life. Perfect blood pressure. No medical problems, nothing to diagnose or worry over. Got some advice on the hip/muscle pain I get from time to time. Got a special lipid profile to be sure my perfect cholesterol numbers are really as perfect as they seem. Was told some of the numbers on a standard profile are mathematically derived, and not based on actual blood numbers. So, an expanded test to be sure everything is in order, especially given my family history.

I was very much not looking forward to tomorrow -- the break into my 40's. For many little reasons.

Now all of that has evaporated. I'm not sure there's any more fitting way to bridge into true middle age by having a perfect physical. Makes me feel proud of the accomplishment, and gives me drive to stay on target.

Onward! And thanks Tony Horton and P90X. It's your nutrition (Shakeology) and awesome workout DVDs (start with Power 90 for 90 days, then hit P90X for 90 more) that gave me the platform to make this success. Get your items today (order) and join me as your free coach.

No comments: