Friday, September 05, 2008


Round 3 Week 8+
Friday: P90X Legs & Back & Evening Dance Aerobics (Happy BDay Tina H.)
Above: Can you see the little lady bug on my glasses/above my left eye? ;)

You know, taking a week off w/o the lovely goodness that is P90X really is a recipie for re-entry sickness. You know what I mean Xers -- stomach sore, near-puke, bit of heavy breathing where there wasn't any before, and some insane sweating.

That said, wow... was still a good time -- felt great banging out sets of 10 front and reverse pull-ups, lots of leg work that wasn't affected by my time off, and all the rest.

Finally, crashing into breakfast, and -- get this -- stepping onto the scale to see how the rest week weight was coming off. I was a little shocked to see that needle move from 189 to 183 -- a full six pounds in a matter of a day or two. Guessing, as Wes said, I was carrying around a lot of water weight re: salt in all those cheesesteaks and other crazy foods I don't normally inhale.

Smart man. I, for one, am miffed that I allowed a doughnut-like tire to form around my midsection in such a short time. I can feel it down there, laughing at me when I try to move around.

Don't get too comfortable little tire-man... I give you 5-6 more days before I'm back to 180 solid and back on track.

With the final weeks of this third round ahead, I'm thinking ahead to round four -- P90X+ maybe, with some hybrid insertion of some of the more crazy P90X routines and One on One's? Sounds good.

I have a six-pack to reveal before next July 4th/Kinyon reunion. Plenty to do to get ready over the winter.

Hurricane Hannah is heading here tonight -- should be a few inches of rain overnight, then sun up again after lunch tomorrow. No problems. Now Ike, he could be a bruiser -- we'll see.



No comments: