Wednesday, September 17, 2008


Round 3 Week 10
Wednesday: P90X Back & Biceps + Bike Ride

Nice start to the week, trying to catch up on the ol' sleep, rocking some XBL with Todd, and, in general, trying not to freak out everytime I read the newspaper. I imagine that we're all living through one of the worst financial collapses in modern U.S. history, and I wonder, truly, how we'll all remember it 5, 10 years from now.

Will the newly elected president, from either party, have any true power to clean things up/set us on the right course?

After so much reckless spending by the Bush administration on an ill-advised invasion, how can we possibly afford to prop up a pair (more?) of Wall Street giants, who will cost us all billions thanks to their greed (which, to me anyway, smacks of the "same old Republican-led/free market wonks doing what they please?")

To me, it's about having food on our table and a roof over our heads. Today, everything in my world is steady (except what everything costs!) I feel like a guy in a life preserver/in a wetsuit, watching the Titanic go down a few hundred feet from me. Sure, I seem to be OK over here. But over THERE... what horrors are truly going in inside that hull, and how will I get to land/safety once my ride is at the bottom of the ocean?

Some deep (sorry!) thoughts for the morning... to work, post-walking-William-to-school. ;)



No comments: