Friday, November 14, 2008


Round 4 Week 3
Fri..: KillerAbs & P90X+ Upper Plus

Pretty great week coming to a close -- good workouts (rested yesterday, blah), fun to have William home during his track out (still like year round schools), and a semi-relaxing weekend ahead.

On top of all that, my hard work on the old lawn is paying big dividends. For the first time since moving into this house, I can look at my backyard and see grass... everywhere. No unsightly gaps/scorched earth. Front yard is coming along as well, and some nice rain this week is helping things out nicely. Feels good.

See above for the product of one of my labors this week -- an interesting video series that shows how students can become advisors to President Elect Obama using our ProQuest research solutions. Worth a watch, you might learn... a lot... thanks to Adam Blackwell, our World Conflicts Today product manager. Smart cookie. Great script. I tried to do it justice.

Enjoy your Friday/weekend.

On the gaming front, I've moved on from Dead Space (three complete playthroughs on Easy/Hard/Impossible and I STILL wouldn't mind playing it again) to GTA IV. Liberty City is starting to feel real to me, not all that far in, and my biggest comments -- I can run every red light with cops nearby without fear, cause many traffic accidents, but no big deal... And the best feature? The radio in the car. Flip around, listen to the hilarious ads on all those channels whilst playing missions. I'll bet it took just as long to make the back end of the game as it did to record those audio spots... no lie.

No comments: