Friday, April 14, 2006

TiVo Victorious

Anyone who's been to my home knows that our TiVo is the centerpiece of our entertainment center. Deb loves it, I love it, and William hasn't known TV without one. (For some reason, he really doesn't like it when we're not around to skip the ads. Seems he wants to watch shows and not ads. Interesting.)

Over the past year or two, I've been a little scared about the future viability of TiVo. Most major cable monopolies have offered cheap knock-offs to undercut this flashy startup, and seem to have copied many of the best parts of the TiVo service without any legal ramifications. Until now -- this article has two big things in it that give me joy -- TiVo and victorious used in the headline, plus TiVo someday reaping some financial gain, which I'm sure it really, really needs. Gratz TiVo!

No comments: