Friday, April 07, 2006

First Time Homebuyers

I was debating about whether or not to blog about this today, but darn it, someone sent me something that forced my hand. Feedback email chains, I love ya.

My wife and I have had our house on the market for three weeks. We've had lots of great folks in to take a peek. We've had exactly zero helpful comments come back -- none. Zip.

Not that we're expecting anything out of our potential buyers.

Or wait, are we?

Here's the gem that came in over my lunch break that made me write today's post: "THE HOME IS VERY NICE BUT IT IS VERY PERSONALIZED WITH THE CHILDRENS THEME... BUYER FELT THAT WOULD BE A BIG TASK TO CHANGE.. HAYWOOD"

So lemme get this right.

This house has like eight rooms. We've repainted all of them. All are in generally neutral tones. Except my son William's room, which is the smallest bedroom in the house. Like 10 X 10 or so. Took us exactly 10 hours over two days to paint it.

And now some lazy, prolly first-time homebuyer says a few hours of work would be a "big task" to change?

Kids, if you're gonna buy a home, you're going to want to do some stuff to it. And yea, it takes a little work. Surprised? I hope not.

Curious about the other feedback we've gotten? Ok, the number one thing -- I can't make this up -- is that they were surprised that the house was small. That they couldn't cram 2, 3, even 4 kids into it.

Huh? Read the listing folks, THEN come on over! Otherwise, the fact that the house has 3 bedrooms and 3 full baths might escape your eagle-eyes if you were hoping for... what, 4? 5? For our low, low price? ;) Shrug.

Anyhoo, wish us luck. Lots coming through this weekend!

No comments: