Monday, March 16, 2009

Workout Week(s) @ ChaLEAN Extreme

Wow... What can I say. A few weeks into my all-new ChaLEAN Extreme workouts is paying huge dividends. The workout time, less. The output, more. The focus -- major arm and leg muscles, with some nice abs thrown in.

I'm bringing my 8/12/20/30 free weights to the mix, pushing myself to failure @ 10-12 reps, and coming out a semi-quivering mess on the other side.

All really, really good, and I can already see more muscle definition with less work.

Onward!

2 comments:

Ash said...

Tim,
I stumbled upon your blog and couldn't help but wonder how many cycles of P90x you did before you decided that you could do better. That ChaLean looks impressive, but I'm only 50 days into P90x Round 1 so I figure I'm still 2-3 rounds away from being able to tackle that.

Do you find it easier, harder, or different from P90X? Do you ever plan on going back to P90x and seeing if you've improved your strength in those areas?

Tim McLain said...

I find ChaLEAN to be a bit easier -- but far more focused on growing visible muscle in my arms and legs. P90X is an all-around great program, and I did 4 full rotations before jumping off and trying this. I think it would make sense to do 90 days of Tony, take your rest week, then hit this for 90 days -- phew. No excuse NOT to look and feel insanely great at the end of all that!